We would like to inform you that the financial assistance programme awarded to the children of members of the Employees’ Trust Fund Board who have passed G.C.E. (Advanced Level) will be implemented in a new appearance since the year 2023. Accordingly, provision of financial assistance under this new benefit Scheme will be made subject to a maximum of Rs.25,000.00 to follow a recognized Vocational Training Course (NVQ) for children who sat for G.C.E. (Advanced Level) Examination in January 2023 in relation to the year 2022.
(The following documents should be attested by the present Employer/ Gramaniladari/ Lawyer or a Justice of the Peace.)
⛺ A clear photocopy of the Student's National Identity Card
⛺ A clear photocopy of the birth certificate of the student
⛺ A clear photocopy of the Result sheet (To be downloaded from the official website of the Department of Examinations)
⛺ A clear photocopy of the Member's National Identity Card.
⛺ If the application is submitted by the guardian (at the event of not submitting it by the mother/ father), necessary documents shall be submitted to prove the legal guardianship.
⛺ If there is any difference between the name of the mother/ father/ guardian in the student's birth certificate and the name in the member's National Identity Card, a letter from the employer certifying that all of such names are denoted by a same person.
⛺ If there is any difference between the name in the Member's National Identity Card and the name in the reports on Form II, a letter from the employer certifying that all of such names are denoted by a same person.
After submitting us the relevant certificates/ documents in proof of successful completion of the course, payment of course fees will be made under the following methods.
1. Payment of course fees directly to the Vocational Training Institute
⛺ You shall pay the Course registration fee. The course fee subject to a maximum limit of Rs. 25,000.00 will be paid by our Board to the relevant Vocational Training Institute.
2. Reimbursement of course fees to the student
⛺ If the course fee has been paid to the training institute by the relevant student, such amount will be reimbursed on the submission of documents for the proof of payments. The bank account details of the student shall be provided us in submitting the application for the purpose.
1. If the basic qualifications mentioned herein above have been fulfilled, visit our website (www.etfb.lk) and submit each part of the online application correctly.
⛺ First part of the application form :
It shall be completed by entering the information of the student for whom the benefits are applied for.
⛺ Second part of the application form:
It shall be filled by entering the personal details of the mother/ father/ guardian.
⛺ Third part of the application form:
It shall be completed by including the information on employment of mother/ father/ guardian.
2. After filling all the above parts correctly, the application which shall be completed by the employer shall be downloaded. It shall correctly be completed by the current employer. scan the completed employer’s application form to be submitted along with the supportive documents and create the PDF file and rename the file to the child’s NIC number. Finally file should be uploaded through the link.
3. The information mentioned in the application submitted by the applicants and details of making payment of contributions will be scrutinized with our records and you will be informed through an email and an SMS whether they are eligible to obtain these benefits.
4.After the confirmation of your application as an application with qualifications by our Board, a recognized vocational course (NVQ) mentioned herein shall be selected and register with an approved institution where you wish to follow the After submitting the documents related to registration, our Board will issue a Guarantee Letter in respect to the payment of course fees to the relevant institution.